Signs of an Unhealthy Gut
….and solutions for you
We provide herewith information on the importance of a balanced gut microbiome, about a healthy and happy gut and about the multitude of benefits which stem from having your intestinal balance sorted.
However, what if you don’t know what an unhealthy gut feels like? Let’s delve into this:
Many aspects of modern life such as incredibly high stress levels, little sleep, processed food in one’s diet, consuming high-sugar foods and taking antibiotics can all damage the balance of the gut microbiome. Damaging the microbiome can, in turn, impact aspects such as our brain and heart health, our skin’s appearance and feel, weight fluctuations, the strength of our immune systems, hormone levels, overall health and wellness and of course our body’s ability to absorb the right nutrients. The ways in which an unhealthy gut can manifest are as follows:
- Unintentional weight changes: Gaining or losing weight without making changes to your exercising or diet habits can show an unhealthy gut. A gut which is imbalanced can hinder the body’s ability to absorb nutrients, regulate blood sugar and get rid of excess fat. Weight loss can be a sign of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth and weight gain can be due to insulin resistance or the urge to overeat because of decreased nutrient absorption.
- Sleep disturbances or chronic fatigue: The majority of the body’s serotonin (hormone which affects mood and sleep) is produced in the gut. Thus, gut damage can cause sleep disturbances which can lead to chronic fatigue.
- A high sugar diet and cravings: A diet high in processed foods and added sugars can decrease the amount of good bacteria in the gut. This imbalance can cause sugar cravings which cause even more damage. Large amounts of refined sugars have been linked to increased inflammation in the body and this inflammation can lead to a number of additional diseases which can be avoided!
- An upset stomach: Most commonly, stomach disturbances such as gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea and heartburn can be signs of an unhealthy gut. A healthy gastro- intestinal balance will mean there is less difficulty for your gut to process food and eliminate waste.
- Skin irritations: Skin conditions such as rosacea, acne and eczema may be directly linked to a damaged gut. Inflammation within the gut from food allergies or poor dietary choices may cause the ‘leaking’ of certain proteins out into the body which can irritate the skin and cause the above skin conditions.
- Autoimmune conditions: It is believed that an unhealthy gut may increase systemic inflammation which can alter the proper functioning of the immune system and this can cause autoimmune diseases where the body attacks itself instead of harmful invaders.
- Food intolerances: Food intolerances result from difficulty digesting certain food. Food intolerances therefore may be linked to poor quality bacteria in the gut. Difficulty digesting these certain foods will manifest with symptoms such as bloating, gas, diarrhea, abdominal pain and nausea. This leads us to believe that some food allergies would also stem from an imbalance in the gut!
Do any of the above sympotoms ring a bell?
Maybe you have only experienced one or two of these symptoms on and off, but that still means something in your gut is unhappy. By taking a daily probiotic, your gut is able to slowly repair the damage caused internally and begin to correct the balance of good and bad bacteria within your gastro-intestinal tract.
We’d recommend one of our probiotics which work to balance the function of the gastro-intestinal tract and to correct imbalances that lead to digestive disorders such as IBS, bloating, acid reflux, diarrhea, constipation and any of the others mentioned above.
To assist with an unhealthy gut and to retain great health, starting your Probiotics journey as soon as possible will be your health’s greatest investment!
These are the wonderful products we have for you:
For babies and children
We also have a means for you to care for your pets’ health with this great product: https://biosil.co.za/product/pet-probiotic-natural-25ml-and-100ml/
25ml and 100ml for Pets