Lithium Orotate + Baobab (all natural safe anti-depressant)
PRODUCT : Lithium Orotate (60 vegan capsules) : 350 mg each
DESCRIPTION; An all natural safe product containing no fillers, preservatives or additives
one of the oldest and most researched treatments for emotional difficulties is the mineral Lithium. It helps balance the production of two hormones: dopamine and serotonin. Lithium, bound to an Orotate molecule, renders it highly bio-available. Thus the body requires less, making it totally harmless.
Benefits of Baobab:
- Rich in Vitamin C Strengthens immune system and increases iron absorption; energy booster which results in less tiredness / fatigue
- High in both soluble and insoluble fibre (prebiotic) which is easily utilised by the body. Soluble fibre assists with slowed release of sugar into the bloodstream, thus reducing energy spikes. Baobab has traditionally been used in African populations to relieve diarrhoea, constipation and dysentery
- Assists with bowel regularity. Helpful for weight management
- Antioxidants are important in protecting, repairing and preventing cell damage. Anti-ageing by counteracting free radical damage to the skin which cause skin dryness, fine lines, wrinkles and premature ageing. According to the Journal of Nutrition, Baobab has the highest antioxidant content of any fruit. Anti-oxidants and Vitamin C contribute toward a radiant glowing skin
- Baobab fruit is also high in Vitamin A, B6 and bioflavinoids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, thiamine and zinc
This inexpensive mineral supplement is different from the prescribed drug lithium carbonate. Within days most people notice improved mood,focus, motivation and lowered stress levels
FURTHER INFORMATION An in-depth look at this product -
Lithium Orotate is a natural dietary supplement that can be used in small doses to manage stress and assist with conditions such as depression, ADHD, PTSD and even Alzheimer's Disease
One of the oldest and most researched treatments for emotional difficulties is the mineral, Lithium. It helps balance the production of two hormones; dopamine and serotonin.
Unlike lithium carbonate and lithium citrate, the common prescribed forms of lithium, lithium orotate is more efficiently absorbed into the brain, so one can take smaller doses to feel better, with the added benefit of no side effects.
Lithium orotate is safer than lithium citrate or lithium carbonate because you can take less of it and still benefit from the best of lithium.
If one cannot tolerate higher doses of the prescribed lithium due to side-effects, one might try replacing it with lithium orotate. This natural product requires no blood tests and side-effects are pretty much non-existent. It is non-prescription and even at lower doses can be just as effective as the prescription forms of lithium.
Lithium orotate is a dietary supplement that can be used in small doses to assist with conditions like manic depression, alcoholism, ADHD and ADD, depression, aggression, PTSD, Alzheimer's Disease and stress.
For maximum benefit it is best combined with good therapy, along with other nutrients such vitamins B6, D3, K2 and omega 3.
Lithium orotate is so significant because many people are already taking vitamins but without the missing lithium orotate, they are less effective
Lithium Orotate should not be used by individuals with significant renal or cardiovascular diseases, severe debilitation or dehydration, or sodium depletion, and by individuals who are taking diuretics or ACE inhibitors
* * * * *
Can be taken with Sceletium - A natural and safe means of decreasing anxiety, stress and tension. A mood elevator
Sceletium stimulates the production of serotonin. When the brain is filled with Serotonin one tends to feel more relaxed and calm, mental processes become sharpened and more focused and the brain simply works better.
Not only does it affect the mind, but it affects the whole body too, because serotonin is the primary brain chemical that offsets a whole chain of brain biochemistry to make one feel good.y
Healthy levels of serotonin actually balance out the whole brain, which helps onesleep better. Serotonin also regulates the metabolism, eases relationship to stress and tension, depression and anxiety.
Serotonin is one of the primary activators of the pleasure centres in the brain. We have a really great product available from Afrigetics :
* * * * *
Interesting facts about Lithium
Technically, lithium is not a drug but a mineral, similar to salt.
- In fact, lithium orotate is not a drug at all. It's actually a mineral - part of the same family of minerals that includes sodium and potassium. -Jonathan Wright, M.D., author of The Importance of Lithium Supplementation
- Medical doctors are now speaking out about the essential trace mineral known as lithium, promoting its incredible therapeutic benefits at low servings.
- Shocking but true lithium is an essential trace element. -Emily Deans, M.D., (Harvard trained psychiatrist) author of Could You Have a Lithium Deficiency?
- Lithium is an essential micronutrient._ It is present in all organs and tissues in the body. It has similar chemical properties to that of calcium and magnesium -Mark Hyman, M.D., best-selling author of The UltraMind Solution
- Lithium is one of the most important elements in the human body -Lawrence Wilson, M.D., author of Lithium
- A study from Texas analysed 27 state counties between the years of 1978-1987. It was discovered that the incidence of suicide, homicide, rape, drug abuse, and felonious acts were about 50% lower in the 27 counties with lithium-containing drinking water. The water had lithium levels ranging from 70-170 micrograms/L. Additionally, the study found a significant reduction in drug-related arrests within the same time period and locations.
- Lithium orotate does not require blood tests to establish a therapeutic level as prescription forms do, nor is it toxic to the kidneys like lithium pharmaceuticals. In addition. Prescription lithium is poorly absorbed by cells, the main site where it performs its functions -Ward Dean, M.D.
- Medical doctors have found servings of lithium orotate 80-90% lower than the orthodox Pharma-lithium serving for major depressive disorder, also known as clinical depression, unipolar depression, major depression, or unipolar disorder. 50-70% of patients have shown fair to good response with lithium use for depression.
- Wright also testifies that: after decades of clinical research and laboratory testing of the compound on my patients, I discovered that administering lithium orotate up to 40 mg per day to be completely safe (without negative side effects or toxicity) and absolutely effective in the control of numerous mental, neurological, and physical conditions.
- Another form of lithium, called lithium orotate, is preferred because the orotate ion crosses the blood-brain barrier more easily than the carbonate ion of the pharmaceutical lithium carbonate. Therefore, lithium orotate can be used in much lower servings (e.g. 5 mg) with remarkable results and no side effects. -Shaheen Lakhan, M.D., author of Nutritional Therapies for Mental Disorders
- Lithium itself is not a drug; it's a naturally occurring mineral salt like potassium, and is something you need for proper mental and physical health. Lithium orotate may be a safe and simple way to help beat the blues. -Al Sears, M.D.
- Dean also states, Lithium orotate has also been successfully used in alleviating discomfort from migraine and cluster headaches, improving low white blood cell counts, juvenile convulsive disease, alcoholism, and liver disorders. Lithium Orotate is extremely safe, with no known adverse side effects or drug interactions.
- Lithium Orotate will not cause weight gain, nor will it cause sedation or sleepiness. -Ward Dean, M.D.
Yet further reading:
The Benefits of Lithium Orotate
Published on February 1, 2010, Last Updated on November 17, 2014
Lithium Orotate Supplement
An alkali metal related to sodium and potassium, lithium has been traditionally used within allopathic medicine to treat mental imbalances such as anxiety and depression. However, there are many side effects to taking this strong mineral, as the body poorly absorbs the standard forms of lithium Carbonate. That is, until lithium orotate was discovered.
Lithium orotate offers superior bio-utilization for the human body, allowing the mineral to penetrate the mitochondria, glia and lysosomes that exist within the intracellular structures of our cells. The mineral stabilizes these lysosomal membranes, slowing the enzymatic reaction that leads to many of the negative side effects of other forms of lithium salts.
Most people are unaware that lithium is not a drug, but is a naturally occurring mineral from the earth. Just like calcium and potassium, lithium is something that every human body requires for mental and physical health.
Many people are familiar with the pharmaceutical forms of lithium (lithium carbonate and lithium citrate), these aforementioned chemical extracts used to treat mania and depression.
Lithium orotate is very different than the other forms of the mineral. Whereas pharmaceutical drug forms of lithium require high doses to penetrate our cells, lithium orotate is only needed in extremely small serving size, considering the fact that a massive amount of the mineral penetrates the cell (approximately 97%). The other great news is that unlike its pharmaceutical counterparts, lithium orotate is non-toxic, safe, has little to no side effects, and works on 70% to 80% of people who use it.
Health Benefits of Lithium Orotate
Studies show that the mineral lithium can actually rejuvenate and build the grey matter nerve cells in the brain by up to three percent.
Small amounts of lithium orotate have been shown to offer anti-aging effects to the brain.
Neuroprotection From Environmental Toxins:
Lithium has been shown to protect the system from numerous toxins, particularly in the grey matter of the brain.
Lithium Orotate May Also Aid:
Low white blood cell counts
Juvenile convulsive disease
Alcoholism and liver disorders
Pain associated with migraine and cluster headaches
Hyperthyroidism and other thyroid diseases: Studies show that lithium may aid in the even distribution of iodine.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), as well as a general stress reducer.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and aggression: Studies show that individuals taking Lithium experienced lowered levels of rage and anger, as well as improved memory.
Alzheimeräó»s disease and dementia
In the reduction of myopia (nearsightedness) and glaucoma: Dr. Hans Nieper found that glaucoma patients could benefit from the dehydrating effect of lithium on the eye, offering patients vision improvement and a lowering of intraocular pressure.
Bipolar disorder: Orotates may lessen effects of manic or depressive episodes. Lithium has been shown to serve as an effective mood balancer in 70-80 percent of bipolar patients.
Depression: the therapeutic serving of lithium orotate is 150 mg/day. This is compared to 900-1800 mg of the prescription forms. In this range of lithium orotate, there are no adverse side effects and no need for monitoring blood serum measurements.
Do not attempt to self-medicate a mental imbalance with lithium orotate. Speak with your health care provider for more information.
Pregnant and nursing women should not take any type of lithium supplement.
Also, lithium should not be taken by those with renal or cardiovascular diseases, severe dehydration or exhaustion, sodium depletion, or in individuals using any form of diuretics or ACE inhibitors.
äóñ Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
Is Lithium Orotate Good or Bad for You?
by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
Published on April 16, 2014, Last Updated on May 13, 2015
The health benefits of lithium orotate are causing an explosion in its popularity. Iäó»ve been an advocate of lithium orotate for quite some time and have incorporated into some of my own formulations. A friend of mine, Dr. Mark Millar, is the leading authority on lithium orotate in the United States today. He published an eBook, äóìVeteran Suicide Breakthrough: Revealing the Breakthrough Mineral for Suicide Prevention, PTSD and Depression äóÖThey Definitelyäó» Donäó»t Want You to Know Aboutäó? which is loaded with facts on lithiumäó»s effects on the both body and brain. Iäó»d really encourage you to check out his book, itäó»s powerful information youäó»re not going to hear from any mainstream source. Iäó»d like to share a few of the shocking facts contained within the pages of Dr. Millaräó»s book but must reiterate that much of this is very controversial, disputed by the mainstream medical establishment, and should not be interpreted as claims, promises, or fodder to diagnose yourself. I am sharing this for informational purposes only! Lithium orotate is intended as a nutrient to supplement the diet. Its effects are nutritional. The statements in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and this nutrient is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This product is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition