Beautifully hand-crafted with natural lavender – long lasting
What Is Smudging?
Smudging is, for the most part, an act of purification. The most important thing you need to know about smudging, is that the smoke is highly cleansing. It is often said that the smoke has properties which cling to negative energy and remove it from the intended object or person. Whether or not this is true is of little consequence; what matters is that you will notice a marked improvement in the feel of yourself and the surrounding area after using it. Simply burn your herb of choice (see below) and allow the smoke to surround and permeate the object, room, person, etc. You can burn the herb in its loose form, or you can burn a stick of bound leaves.
How to Smudge
- Light up – blow out any actual flame – you just need the smouldering “smoke
- If you’re clearing a room, simply walk around and guide the smoke until you feel the energy shift. It doesn’t take much; a few minutes ought to be enough for a basic clearing. If you’re doing more than that, you might smudge for a longer period of time, but we’re only covering the basics right now, and a few minutes is perfectly adequate for a routine cleansing.
When to Smudge
- When moving into a new home, flat or room
- When you want to cleanse the energy from a particular place or object
- When feeling depressed, anxious, or otherwise unusual (with low ‘spirtual’ energy)
- When needing to focus energy or thoughts
- Before sleep to prevent nightmares
- When needing to relax in general
- Any other time you see fit
A Few More Tips
- Remember: The longer you leave the herb lit, the longer it will burn, and the more smoke it will produce. Don’t overdo it; your home will reek.
- You may want to open a window, as sage (and other herbs) can sometimes smell quite pungent, even when not overdoing it.
- Be mindful of pets. This smoke is not intended for inhalation; you don’t want Fido sucking it down because you overdid it!